martes, 20 de enero de 2009

Mr. X y la Ganjha

.



It all began about ten years ago. I had reached a considerably more relaxed period in my life - a time when I had come to feel that there was more to living than science, a time of awakening of my social consciousness and amiability, a time when I was open to new experiences. I had become friendly with a group of people who occasionally smoked cannabis, irregularly, but with evident pleasure. Initially I was unwilling to partake, but the apparent euphoria that cannabis produced and the fact that there was no physiological addiction to the plant eventually persuaded me to try. My initial experiences were entirely disappointing; there was no effect at all, and I began to entertain a variety of hypotheses about cannabis being a placebo which worked by expectation and hyperventilation rather than by chemistry. After about five or six unsuccessful attempts, however, it happened. I was lying on my back in a friend's living room idly examining the pattern of shadows on the ceiling cast by a potted plant (not cannabis!). I suddenly realized that I was examining an intricately detailed miniature Volkswagen, distinctly outlined by the shadows. I was very skeptical at this perception, and tried to find inconsistencies between Volkswagens and what I viewed on the ceiling. But it was all there, down to hubcaps, license plate, chrome, and even the small handle used for opening the trunk. When I closed my eyes, I was stunned to find that there was a movie going on the inside of my eyelids. Flash . . . a simple country scene with red farmhouse, a blue sky, white clouds, yellow path meandering over green hills to the horizon. . . Flash . . . same scene, orange house, brown sky, red clouds, yellow path, violet fields . . . Flash . . . Flash . . . Flash. The flashes came about once a heartbeat. Each flash brought the same simple scene into view, but each time with a different set of colors . . . exquisitely deep hues, and astonishingly harmonious in their juxtaposition. Since then I have smoked occasionally and enjoyed it thoroughly. It amplifies torpid sensibilities and produces what to me are even more interesting effects, as I will explain shortly.
.
The complete story... here.
.
Si Carl Sagan lo hizo... ¿Por qué no usted?
.

No hay comentarios:

La Consigna

La Consigna

"las grandes verdades se dicen en los vestíbulos" E. M. C.

Desquisiada Poesía del Mundo

  • Capital del Dolor - Paul Eluard
  • Una Nube en pantalones y otros poemas - V. Maiakovski
  • 100 Poemas - Li Po
  • El hombre aproximativo - Triztán Tzara
  • El Spleen de París - Charles Baudelaire
  • Presencia Terrible (Take III) - Juan E.Domínguez, A. Teófilo Hernández, Martin Pinot Picabia
  • Soy Vertical - Pero preferiría ser Horizontal - Sylvia Plath
  • Los Ditirambos de Dionisio - Frederic Nietzsche
  • Pomes All Sizes - Jack Kerouac
  • La Caida de América - Allen Ginsberg
  • El Hundimiento del Titanic y otros poemas - Hans Magnus Erzemberguer
  • De Dónde son las Palabras - Luisa Futoranski
  • Palabras para Julia y otros Poemas - J. A. Goytisolo
  • VARIACIONES ALREDOR DE NADA - LEÓN DE GREIFF
  • NOVA ET VETERA - LEÓN DE GREIFF
  • An American Prayer - James Douglas Morrison
  • Song To Myself - Walt Whitman
  • Las Hojas de Hypnos - René Char
  • Las Uvas de la Ira - René Char
  • La Balada de la Cárcel de Reading - Oscar Wilde
  • Howl - Allen Ginsberg
  • El Barco Ebrio - Arthur Rimbaud
  • El Cementerio Marino - Paul Válery
  • El Pesa-Nervios - Antonin Artaud
  • El Testamento - Francois Villón
  • Ex Manifesto Rex - J. S. Solís C. y Luis F. Ruiz
  • La Extracción de la Piedra de la Locura - Alejandra Pizarnik
  • Las Flores del Mal - Carolus Baldelarius
  • Las Iluminaciones - Arthur Rimbaud
  • Las Úlceras de Adán - Héctor Rojas Herazo
  • Los Poetas Malditos - Paul Verlaine
  • Peleando a la Contra - Henry Chinaski
  • Poesias - Isidore Ducasse - Conde de Lautreamont
  • Poesía Impura - Iván Tubau
  • Una temporada en el Infierno - Arthur Rimbaud
Powered By Blogger
Blogalaxia