miércoles, 23 de julio de 2008

Treat Her Right - The Antology 1985 / 1990

.




boomp3.com

Walked into a strange cafe
No one there's ever heard my name
Go to the bar, have a seat
Talk to that woman sittin' next to me

She asked me in a voice so low
She asked me if I come in here alone
She asked me nicely "Can I buy you a drink?"

You know I think she likes me that's what I think
I think she likes me that's what I think

She listens to every word I say
I look at her she don't look away
I tell her that I play for "Treat Her Right"
She asks me if I'm gonna play tonight - Yeah!

She cross her legs, will do no harm
She lets her finger run on down my arm
I asked her nicely "Can I buy you a drink?"

I think she likes me that's what I think
I think she likes me that's what I think

Oh yeah!

Some guy comes over, what does he think
Intruding on our private thing
The man is looking quite upset
Wavin' 'round with his gun like that

She'd told me things about her life
She'd never told me she was someone's wife
The man with the gun says "Why'd you buy her a drink?"
I said "I think she likes me that's what I think"

I think she likes me that's what I think
I think she likes me that's what I think
I think she likes me that's what I think


"Treat Her Right
", fue un grupo en el cual ya se empezaban a percibir algunos de los elementos que darían lugar al peculiar estilo musical de Morphine; a medio camino entre jazz, blues, pop, rock…y que Mark Sandman decidió llamar simplemente “Low Rock”.


Sus integrantes fueron:

Mark Sandman en el bajo de seis cuerdas.
Billy Conway en la bateria.
Dave Champagne en la guitarras.
Jim Fitting en la harmonica.


Esta antología recoge sus mejores canciones de sus tres discos en estudio:

"Whats good for you", "Tied to the Tracks" y "Treat Her Right."



La lista de temas es ésta:

1) I Think She Likes Me.
2) Don't Look Back.
3) You Don't Need Money.

4) Jesus Everyday.
5) An Honest Job.

6) Where Did All the Girls Come From?
7) Trail of Tears.
8) Big Medicine.
9) Marie.
10) Hit a Man.

11) No Reason.

12) Tied to the Tracks.
13) Hank.

14) King of Beers.

15) I'm Here to Get My Baby Out of Jail.
16) Standing by Your Window.


El disco está aquí.

Que lo disfruten!

hasta la próxima

Leo.



3 comentarios:

Cata dijo...

I think....
que sería de tu vida sin Marksito (como lo llamaste algun dia)Sandman...? No puedo imaginarlo :P

superchango dijo...

pasa por semos leo
saludos!

superchango dijo...
Este comentario ha sido eliminado por un administrador del blog.

La Consigna

La Consigna

"las grandes verdades se dicen en los vestíbulos" E. M. C.

Desquisiada Poesía del Mundo

  • Capital del Dolor - Paul Eluard
  • Una Nube en pantalones y otros poemas - V. Maiakovski
  • 100 Poemas - Li Po
  • El hombre aproximativo - Triztán Tzara
  • El Spleen de París - Charles Baudelaire
  • Presencia Terrible (Take III) - Juan E.Domínguez, A. Teófilo Hernández, Martin Pinot Picabia
  • Soy Vertical - Pero preferiría ser Horizontal - Sylvia Plath
  • Los Ditirambos de Dionisio - Frederic Nietzsche
  • Pomes All Sizes - Jack Kerouac
  • La Caida de América - Allen Ginsberg
  • El Hundimiento del Titanic y otros poemas - Hans Magnus Erzemberguer
  • De Dónde son las Palabras - Luisa Futoranski
  • Palabras para Julia y otros Poemas - J. A. Goytisolo
  • VARIACIONES ALREDOR DE NADA - LEÓN DE GREIFF
  • NOVA ET VETERA - LEÓN DE GREIFF
  • An American Prayer - James Douglas Morrison
  • Song To Myself - Walt Whitman
  • Las Hojas de Hypnos - René Char
  • Las Uvas de la Ira - René Char
  • La Balada de la Cárcel de Reading - Oscar Wilde
  • Howl - Allen Ginsberg
  • El Barco Ebrio - Arthur Rimbaud
  • El Cementerio Marino - Paul Válery
  • El Pesa-Nervios - Antonin Artaud
  • El Testamento - Francois Villón
  • Ex Manifesto Rex - J. S. Solís C. y Luis F. Ruiz
  • La Extracción de la Piedra de la Locura - Alejandra Pizarnik
  • Las Flores del Mal - Carolus Baldelarius
  • Las Iluminaciones - Arthur Rimbaud
  • Las Úlceras de Adán - Héctor Rojas Herazo
  • Los Poetas Malditos - Paul Verlaine
  • Peleando a la Contra - Henry Chinaski
  • Poesias - Isidore Ducasse - Conde de Lautreamont
  • Poesía Impura - Iván Tubau
  • Una temporada en el Infierno - Arthur Rimbaud
Powered By Blogger
Blogalaxia